Okay, so a while ago I made a post talking about Concrete Evidence for Larry Stylinson. Since it seemed well-liked, I think I’ll continue a Larry Stylinson evidence series—starting with the big things and whittling my way down to the little, but still important, moments. So far the order of which is as follows: Concrete Evidence, Public Affection, Heart Eyes, Jealousy/Possessiveness, Spoken Words, Misc Moments.
Anyways, let’s get started with public affection. It and Concrete Evidence might bleed together a bit, but with public affection I’m including all the showy, we-know-there’s-a-camera-but-we’re-shameless, moments which I omitted from Concrete Evidence.
Oh lord, I’ve just gathered up all the gifs and this might be a while. I’m going in rough chronological order because it allows you to better see the developments in their relationship, but at the same time they’ve always been super affectionate so the transformation is not clear cut or anything. I think the next analysis, heart eyes, will be more interesting for all of you, as it is for me.
Also finally, before I start (I know, I know, this intro is long), this whole analysis replies on my “concrete evidence” spiel, so read that before you move on. I’m pretty sure most of this stuff could just be considered a super intense bromance, or whatever, which is why it’s probably best to believe in some romantic undertones to Harry and Louis’ feelings before you read this. Actually, even if you’re skeptical I’d still recommend you keep reading, but be wary that I’m going to make some assumptions which might feel a little unsettling, but will be cleared up by future analyses (scroll to bottom for more info).
Finally, once again If you note any mistakes, flaws in my logic, or if i’m letting my hopeless romantic side interfere with my rationality, let me know!
Ah and finally, keep feelings developments and relationship developments sorted in your mind. It should make more sense then. :)
Let’s start with a classic moment~
What went down:
- Harry and Louis are being adorable together
- Harry says “Kiss me you fool”
- Louis obliges
- Harry does the cutest thing ever and puts his hand on Louis’s head gjfhsfj dead
What we can infer:
- Their friendship had/has very little boundaries
- They’re comfortable being touchy-feely with each other
- I think the physical component of their friendship gave it a larger chance of developing into something more
- It removes the awkwardness of sexual relationship between them
What went down:
- Louis bites Harry
- Harry remains happy—doesn’t flinch
What we can infer:
- Basically the same as #1. They’re very comfortable with each other and willing to act super gay. Very very very gay for best guy friends. I don’t know any guys who do this, but I’m willing to pass this off this one time as best friend behavior.
NUMBER 3 [x]
What went down:
- Harry decides that being on television presents a opportune time to cuddle with louis’s shoulder
- So he goes for it
- They’re comfortable
- No boundaries—srsly
- Harry’s feelings many not be 85%* platonic at this point, but idk (I have no idea where this video is in the timeline of Larry, so I can really only judge by how Harry’s acting.) (*At first I wrote 100%, but then I realized that Harry’s feelings have never been completely platonic, but probably began around 85% and just went down from there.)
- Harry and Louis are just being cute
- Louis has his arms wrapped around Harry (he actually brings his arms backwards to touch harry)
- Louis is wearing a beanie and glasses and making me feel feels
- Daww they’re just a cute and cuddly duo
- Always a little bit too close for comfort
- Louis kisses Harry on the cheek, and Harry beams—like literally beams; it’s a little weird
- Let’s just talk about Harry’s smile. It’s just so genuine and he crinkles his eyes a little. He’s enjoying this moment a little too much ;)
- Harry is overwhelmed and falls into Niall’s arms
- Harry fancies his BFF Louis (Although from watching their interactions in video diaries, I think Harry has always fancied him a little. He just always has that teenage girl heart struck look about him.)
- Louis leans over to give Harry a back hug
- Louis nuzzles his face into Harry’s shoulder
- IDK how to even describe Harry’s reaction, it’s just the cutest thing in the world. He curls up and moves his arms to caress his torso and Louis’s arms (you can tell this type of intimacy is foreign to him, but at the same time really likes it)
- lol, platonic, wut’s that?
- no seriously, harry is head over heals (we’ll clarify this more when we talk about Heart Eyes in the next edition hehe)
- Harry’s upset
- Louis senses something is wrong and moves to comfort harry
- They’re fun and silly, but can also be sensitive and serious.
- They understand each other—Louis can just sense Harry’s sadness (something the other boys do not)
- They are perfect for each other. Period.
- They’re at some sort of event, dancing with each other and being happy
- (they’re pretty good at the dance!)
- Nothing much. I just like how they’re comfortable dancing together in public, and how it doesn’t phase them. :)
Oh god. This interview was a Larry Stylinson goldmine. No seriously, we got random acts of affection, jealousy, and then the grand finale: this. (on a side note gfsghfgjkf I can’t wait to talk about Harry’s obvious jealousy, but that’ll have to wait for a bit)
- Some kind of weird arm wrestling/fake making out (TBH, i’ve never really figured out what they’re doing!)
- Sob they’re just so precious.
- Too close for comfort, but it’s cool.
- There’s not too much that I can say about this moment alone, but rest assured the rest of the interview will be squeezed for all it’s worth.
What went down:
- They slowly slide together
- There’s something very odd here—a slight hesitation by both of them. I like this hesitation because it shows a development in their relationship.
- In X-factor they were very sure about their relationship. Never debating whether to be cuddly or affectionate, always just going for it.
- A shift has occurred. Why? We have no way of knowing.
- They like momentarily hold hands as they are passing by each other
- Harry gives a grand display as their hands come apart
- Hand holding is very unusual for guys (even in very close friendships)
- there’s something beyond simple brotherly love here
- dey iz in luv u gais
- Harry contemplates whether to give Louis a lovebite or not, ultimately deciding to do so
- Harry leaps to give Louis a lovebite…literally leaps
- Louis is like ‘nooh harreeh not nowwwwww’ and squirms away.
- Liam and Niall dgaf
- On the other hand, we have Mr. Interviewer—
- Harry REALLY wanted to bite Louis.
- This is normal everyday bizz for Liam and Niall. They don’t even bat an eyelash. (EDIT: This fanfic (wow i promo it so much that i should probably be paid) has a very interesting interpretation of Liam’s perspective of the lovebite, which I act prefer to my own. Read it and see what you think; their actions and the fic’s interpretation match up perfectly.)
Oh god, and Harry’s self-satisfied smirk: he’s so pleased with himself.
- Louis puts his arm around Harry
- The way they position themselves so their torsos and heads are slightly tilted forward is really cute—it cuts them off from everything else
- They’re in their own little world
full of rainbows and sparkles and happiness
- They’re just so wrapped up in each other
- LEt’s combine this moment with the evidence from “Concrete Moments,” and appreciate their wonderful relationship and how much they love each other
Okay, and finally there is this moment, which I believe is extremely important.
The thing about LS is that it has always been popular because Harry and Louis are so close with each other. This lead some to think of Louis and Harry’s friendship as somewhat of publicity stunt or as play-up for cameras.
This snapshot shows a picture of Harry and Louis in their regular lives, yet they have the same sense of close affection as what we normally watch in videos. This just shows to me that the way they portray themselves to cameras is the same as they are in real life. They don’t try to create substance where there isn’t any, rather they act on their impulses and do what they want.
AND AS A FINAL CONCLUDING NOTE…
You’re probably going to notice that I made some assumptions about Harry and Louis’s feelings for each other in this section. I know I definitely found romance in moments which some might interpret as “bromantic”. This might bother some people—it would bother me if I I didn’t so firmly believe in LS—but rest assured that the next few sections of this analysis will help clear things up. If you can’t see the love and adoration in their heart eyes, idk but i think it’s a helpless cause.
So anyways, here you have it—a collection of Larry Stylinson’s most grandiose moments showing the rough development of their relationship. I hope I got your Larry feels warmed up; next time we’ll get to more ooey gooey goodness.